Step 2: Presentation
So now we’re onto Step 2: Presentation.
Step 2 is the presentation of the new learning. This might be you teaching, or the students reading a textbook or watching a video, or the students watching a demonstration.
The retention at this stage is about 5%, and it varies: some students learn a lot, whereas others learn nothing.
In this section you can find out about effective ways to improve Presentation. These include:
- Linking to prior knowledge.
- Recognising the limits of Working Memory.
- Using an Advance Organiser to create the big picture.
- Using graphical and multi-sensory methods.
- Linking abstract ideas to concrete examples
Header image: http://www.opp4youth.org/home-1/